Apply today! Share with a friend?
Applications were due 11:59 pm on April 15, 2018
Please sign up on the mailing list for 2019.
Applying for things can be a bit confusing. Please make sure an adult is helping you. Besides, there are a few things your parent or guardian will have to sign.
The Asheville Youth Sailing Scholarship Application has 5 parts.
You can complete the entire process part-by-part online or download some forms and snail mail them.
You can complete each part as you finish it — or wait until you have everything ready. Once your application is complete, you will receive an email. Make sure you check your email occasionally in case we have questions about your submissions. If you snail mail your forms make sure they ARRIVE by the deadline.
- Complete this APPLICANT INFORMATION form. Online or Download the APPLICANT INFORMATION form
- Tell us why you’d like to learn to sail! Write 500 words and submit your essay online. Download the ESSAY form or submit your video.
- Get a RECOMMENDATION from a teacher, a youth or church leader, or even a relative. Download RECOMMENDATION form or send them this link.
- You and your parent or guardian have to read and sign this statement on WHAT TO EXPECT. Online or Download the EXPECTATIONS form
- Your parent or guardian needs to acknowledge that watersports are risky by signing this RISK WAIVER AGREEMENT. Online or Download the RISK WAIVER AGREEMENT form
If you have any questions, send an email to director (at) ashevilleyouthsailing.org.
Mail paper forms to:
Asheville Youth Sailing
That wasn’t so bad, right?
See you on the water!